Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring Fever

Blogger has been having problems and deleted my last post. Here's what I remember of it. The comments are deleted permanently I'm afraid :/

 This is the time of year kids get squirrely...jumping on beds, asking me a million questions about nothing all day long, running along couches... It leaves me feeling a bit like this:

Can you relate? Sometimes parents and kids need a bit of space from each other. And with this beautiful weather here it's time to go outside!

These illustrations are from one of my favorite picture books of all time, We Were Tired of Living In House. I love the adventures of this foursome setting out to create a home of their own at the swamp, beach, in a tree, and in a cave.


 Often it takes just a little bit of time apart to realize how good it is to be home together.


Our kids have been enjoying their time outdoors too. Sophie rubbed Calvin's feet in the grass and really got him giggling.


We have a 1969 edition of We Were Tired of Living In a House; I found it on a discarded pile at a used bookstore for 50 cents. I just looked it up online and found they only have a modern reprint with different pictures. The old editions are worth up to $100.00. I had no idea is was such a treasure to others too!


Weekly Reader Children's Book Club Presents We Were Tired of Living In A House[Hardcover]

Liesel Moak Skorpen (Author), Doris Burn (Illustrator)

3 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

That book looks like so much fun. You read some great books with your kids. Love seeing Sophie and Noah with Calvin! Thanks for sharing. Only six weeks left of school!

Kate said...

I love that first sketch!! Looks like a great book. Dan & I were recently talking about how fun it would be to live in a houseboat...temporarily, of course. With small children, very temporarily.

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Thanks for sharing what looks like a delightful book. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it! Thanks for the lovely photos of sophie, Noah and Calvin. Love you!